About Me

My photo
I'm single mom, enough said!! My daughter is almost 5 going on 13. My life is a little hectic, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love to run, work out, play volleyball, spend as much time as possible with my daughter, boyfriend, and his 2 kids. I'm a huge sports fan. Well let me re-phrase that, football and hockey fan!!






Powered by Blogger.


Meet Kadyn

Meet Kadyn
aka Roo

Labels

kids (6) running (6) family (5) SWW (3) parenting (3) friends (2) halloween (2) traveling (2) working out (2) ADHD (1) Budd (1) Fall (1) It's ok thursday (1) birthdays (1) blessed (1) celebrating (1) diets (1) drinking (1) food (1) hair (1) hockey (1) kadyn (1) marathons (1) money (1) races (1) style (1) thankful (1) training (1) weather (1) wedding (1) wine (1)

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Time to Start Training

So I'm putting this out here, that way there is no backing out!! I have decided to run my 2nd 1/2 marathon on May 5 for the Capital City 1/2 in Columbus, OH (I would do the full, but they only have a 1/2 on this one) and then I'm going to run my 1st full marathon in Oct at the Columbus Marathon.  So here are some of my training ideas.  I found a 12 week pre-training training program by Hal Higdon's (I used his 12 week 1/2 training for my 1st 1/2).  I plan on doing this only because I'm trying to get to 8 min mile, so I'm dropping my mileage down right now in order to get faster and then I'm going to mix in some tempo runs.  After that 12 week training I'm going to jump right into the 12 week 1/2 training program.  The 1/2 is in May so I will have almost 5 months to train for the full and I will already have a high base mileage to start training for the full.  The question is, do I have enough time to train properly working full time and having a child.  I know it's going to be time consuming, but it's something I want to do.....soooooooooooo wish me luck!!! I need to buy me a new pair of running shoes!!!

LET THE RUNNING BEGIN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment