About Me

My photo
I'm single mom, enough said!! My daughter is almost 5 going on 13. My life is a little hectic, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love to run, work out, play volleyball, spend as much time as possible with my daughter, boyfriend, and his 2 kids. I'm a huge sports fan. Well let me re-phrase that, football and hockey fan!!






Powered by Blogger.


Meet Kadyn

Meet Kadyn
aka Roo

Labels

kids (6) running (6) family (5) SWW (3) parenting (3) friends (2) halloween (2) traveling (2) working out (2) ADHD (1) Budd (1) Fall (1) It's ok thursday (1) birthdays (1) blessed (1) celebrating (1) diets (1) drinking (1) food (1) hair (1) hockey (1) kadyn (1) marathons (1) money (1) races (1) style (1) thankful (1) training (1) weather (1) wedding (1) wine (1)

Monday, September 26, 2011

Why I Run?!?!?!

So people always ask me, why I run? If you would have asked me to run from my couch to my mail box about a year ago I would've complained every second. I use to HATE running. Come on I was a volleyball player for a reason, the most I had to run was 60 feet and that's only when somebody had a terrible pass. Well I'm getting older, I'm a single mom, I work full time which means I do not have the time to put into a good workout.  Let's face it, I'm terrible at diets. I use MyFitnessPal and find myself lying on it so I don't have to count for that 2000 calorie lunch I just ate from Chipotle. If it isn't added to MyFitnessPal, then I didn't eat it, RIGHT? So that defeats even trying to keep track of what I'm eating.

My number one reason for running is the way it makes me feel. It pretty much sucks when I start and usually sucks all the way through, but as soon as I'm done and I sit down to stretch, AMAZING!! Every once in awhile you have those runs that you don't need the iPod or you have no idea what songs even played on your iPod, your in the zone and it's a great run. Those are always worth it!! I also realized, I like food, I like it a lot, I LOVE beer and I LOVE it a lot so if I'm going to be able to eat and drink what I love I better be doing some exercising. What I have realized is you get so much out of running.  It doesn't take long and you and you get quick results.

Now let's move on to the mental aspect of it. Let's face it, if I didn't get to run somebody would probably have to commit me into a mental institute. Like I said, SINGLE MOM!! The way I see it, when I'm out for a run I have ME time.  That's time where I don't hear; Mommy can you get me this, Mommy can you wipe my butt, Mommy can you turn the TV on, Mommy can I have a snack, Mommy can we go outside, Mommy can you be my slave and do everything for me. I come back from a run and I'm no longer stressed, I'm no longer worried about work, money, the argument I just had with a 4 year old or how I stooped to her level and argued back like I was 4 again. I'm a brand new ME, I'm a better mom for it.

My 2 main reasons for running: staying in shape and my SANITY!! I'm lucky to have such an amazing boyfriend who supports my desire to run and is willing to watch Kadyn so I can get my runs in as much as possible.  I think he does it because he knows I would go insane if I didn't.  Happy me = Happy boyfriend :) :)

Another added bonus, is the sense of accomplishment you have. Finish line here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment