About Me

My photo
I'm single mom, enough said!! My daughter is almost 5 going on 13. My life is a little hectic, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love to run, work out, play volleyball, spend as much time as possible with my daughter, boyfriend, and his 2 kids. I'm a huge sports fan. Well let me re-phrase that, football and hockey fan!!






Powered by Blogger.


Meet Kadyn

Meet Kadyn
aka Roo

Labels

kids (6) running (6) family (5) SWW (3) parenting (3) friends (2) halloween (2) traveling (2) working out (2) ADHD (1) Budd (1) Fall (1) It's ok thursday (1) birthdays (1) blessed (1) celebrating (1) diets (1) drinking (1) food (1) hair (1) hockey (1) kadyn (1) marathons (1) money (1) races (1) style (1) thankful (1) training (1) weather (1) wedding (1) wine (1)

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back at it!!

So I ran my first 1/2 Marathon in May.  I only trained for 12 weeks prior to the race, no big deal right! It's easy to train for a 1/2 in 12 weeks, the problem was I didn't run any further then 7 miles and I didn't run at all 3 weeks prior to the race, the whole single mom and life got in the way of my training.  So needless to say I set out to finish in under 2 hours, well that did not happen.  So half way through the race my goal was to just finish! Well goal accomplished!! Some things I learned from the race; I'm not good at drinking out of cups while running, I had to stop and go to the bathroom 3 times, and finally I was not prepared for it at all.  So I used that race as a learning experience and I couldn't wait to start training for my second 1/2 in Oct.  Well I decided to play volleyball this summer and the first game I injured my knee and was done running all summer.  So this past week I decided to start running again.  I set out to do 1-3 miles, after all I have been a lazy slob all summer long.  To my surprise, I banged out 4 miles and it felt great!!!  Anybody who is a runner knows, you have your good runs that feel amazing and then have those runs that you rather poke your eyes out with a pencil! So I set out yesterday for another run, I barely made 2.5 miles.  It was cold and my chest was burning. I'm hoping to get out there today and run again and hopefully push more then 2.5 miles. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment